Making this list reminds me of when I was a kid and needed to make a Christmas list for Santa. If you don't know what WWDC is, here's the gist.
WWDC stands for World Wide Developer Conference. It is hosted by Apple usually sometime in June. WWDC is where the developers that make applications or games learn about what new and shiny tool or feature Apple has made that may make their life easier or harder. Sometimes there is hardware announced, like the Mac Pro. We also get a sneak peek into what is expected in the following operating systems of Apple's hardware.
My list is mainly going to focus on code and new OS features. I don't want to think about hardware coming out since I just made a purchase. I've broken my list up into sections to make it easier to follow.
- SwiftUI native share sheet - currently, you have to reach into UIKit to do this
- SwiftUI function to save a view as an image - currently, you have to reach into UIKit to do this
- CoreData is more Combine friendly
- Project-specific themes
- Better integration with git submodules
- A message can be marked as unread
- AR/VR headset - can someone say RealityOS cause Apple sure can now that they have the patent
This is not a complete rumor list, just a list of things I'd be happy with.
If you have any comments about this post, then make sure to let me know on Twitter, @maeganwilson_, and follow me there.
Enjoyed the post? Awesome, please share it using this link with everyone you know and consider becoming a member to get my posts directly to your email.